The three start-ups Blik, Boca and Twyla are the winners of the Innovator‘ Pitch 2017, the competition for European early stage start-ups organised by Get Started, the start-up initiative of Bitkom, for the dozenth time. The most innovative ideas and technologies in the categories Digital Health, IoT and Travel & Tourism were sought out this year. The nine finalists presented their start-up at the hub.berlin, Bitkom’s interactive business festival. The finalists of the Innovator‘ Pitch impressively demonstrated which business models emerge on the Internet of Things, how digitisation is changing the topics of health and travel & tourism and what new opportunities are opening up for companies as a result. “They impressed not only the jury, but also the audience of hub.berlin“, said Christian Rietz, manager of start-ups at the Bitkom. “In the end, Blik, Boca Health and Twyla have convinced the jury with particularly innovative solutions.”
- The start-up Boca Health from Milan won the Digital Health category. Boca Health has developed a non-invasive solution to measure and monitor body water. This helps prevent heart and kidney diseases.
- Blik from Munich won in the category IoT. Blik focuses on real-time monitoring of goods and processes. The combined software and hardware solution provides intelligent sensor data and thus enables transparent logistics for industry 4.0.
- Twyla from Berlin could convince in the category Travel & Tourism. Twyla wants to improve the digital customer experience through chat bots. Twyla’s solution can be integrated into popular airline enterprise systems to enable data-driven customer interaction.
In addition to prize money of 5,000 euros each, the winners will also receive access to the corporate partners and participating investors as well as free Get-Started membership in Bitkom.
Partners of the innovator‘ Pitch 2017 included Pfizer, SAP, Airbnb, Visa and Lufthansa Technik. The jury consisted of the following representatives from industry, investors and the media:
- Videesha Böckle, Partner, Signal Venture Capital
- Stephan Dörner, Editor in Chief, t3n
- Colin Hanna, Associate, Balderton Capital
- Julia Hagen, Health & Pharma, Bitkom
- Michael Hoffmann, Innovation Partner, Visa
- Thomas Kleine, BT Country Lead – Germany, Austria & Switzerland, Pfizer
- Karsten Lemm, Senior Editor, WIRED
- Clara Leonard, Senior Associate, Digital Health Ventures
- David Meinertz, Co-Founder & CEO, DrEd
- Alexander Schwarz, General Manager Germany